Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Secret Recipes: Addictive Banana Squares



It's been awfully hot here, the kind of weather where turning on an oven is probably illegal. And a suicide mission. Probably both. Ottawa has never had this hot a weather and we broke quite a few records! (Something I wish I could be proud of)

All this to say that I haven't been able to bake for about a week, but thankfully I have a few recipes I have yet to post on...so...I uh...will. ya. :D




Ok so as I have shared with you guys before, I have a series of recipes that, if I say so myself, taste really really REALLY good. And for some reason that is somewhat foreign to me I feel a bit 'over protective' of these recipes, almost like a 4 year old who doesn't mind (in fact loves) to share all her toys with the neighborhood kids, but for some reason clutches greedily to that one special doll. And lord have mercy on your soul if you try to yank that doll away from her.

But I've been trying to be a good girl and learn to share a bit more. So from my list of uber secret recipes (that coincidentally happen to be my most requested recipes) I am slowly but surely trying to share a few of these with you. So if Banana isn't quite your thing (the insanity!:O ) then why not try my cinnamon bun recipe? Or perhaps some Hummus?




I made these babies to take to a family friend's house where we were invited for dinner. The final product was quite adorable (think little chocolate squares in cupcake liners topped with a swirl of chocolate frosting and a slice of banana!) but I wasn't able to catch a picture of them, so you will just have to take my word for it. :)


TIP: These banana squares taste EVEN BETTER the next day. So let them sit for a while...if you can stand it

Blogging is a way for me to connect with other foodies around the world and 'write down' my experiences and life through food, but it also serves the purpose of helping me keep track of my favorite recipes. Long story short I thought I had lost this recipe forever, and hopefully by writting it here I never will lose it again!

Enjoy!

The Most Addictive Best Ever Banana Cake


3 bananas
¾ cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
¾ cup chocolate chips (optional)
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt

1. Mash up the Bananas really well. Beat in the sugar, egg and vegetable  oil.

2. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl.

3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and make sure you mix REALLY WELL. You can also stir in some chocolate chips if you like.

4. Bake at 350C until lightly brown on the edges and toothpick comes out clean.


"PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine

2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa

3 cups powdered sugar

1/3 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.




Recipe Review: This is (clearly) one of my all time favorite recipes. It converted my banana hating sister into a banana cake eating crazy person! (To the point where you have to hide it from her!) What I love about this is its SOO easy to whip up, can be made in one bowl if you like, is fool proof and most importantly its SO yummy. When you have your first bite, you wont think oh my god insane! You will be like" hmm...this is good banana cake. nothing crazy...not sure what she was going on about..its just banana cake." But thats where you are wrong laddie. Ten minutes later you will find yourself reaching for another bite....and another...and another...They really are THAT addictive!

Kulsum  – (July 13, 2010 at 5:40 AM)  

Oh God! that looks scrumptious! I have tried a few banana cake / bread recipes and though some have been good nothing has hit the ultimate spot. I'm sure this is next on my list! Great Space

Anonymous –   – (July 13, 2010 at 10:45 AM)  

Hello! The banana squares look fantastic! What pan size did you use and was the frosting a ganache or buttercream? I want to try this out!

Aaron John  – (July 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM)  

I'm exactly the same!! I'm new to blogging and I find it really hard to post a personal recipe!! These looks really good though!! Love your blog. I'm now following :)
Would you mind checking out my blog? :D http://ajscookingsecrets.blogspot.com/

stephchows  – (July 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM)  

mmm I love banana bread/cake whatever form it's in! Thanks for visiting and I can't wait to look through your blog it looks great!

Sakorarox  – (July 14, 2010 at 2:45 PM)  

@ Kulsum and stephchows - aww thanks :)

@ Anon - I cant believe I forgot to post the frosting recipe...its up now...and its REALLY GOOD :D oh and pan size was standard rectangular ones..:)

@ ajcabuang04 - Glad to know I'm not the only one ;) and thanks!

Mary @Delightful Bitefuls  – (July 15, 2010 at 1:51 PM)  

Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe! I love baking with bananas so this is a must try for me! Great blog!

xxMK
Delightful Bitefuls

Amnah  – (July 20, 2010 at 2:25 PM)  

I'm going to try this today. A nice alternative to banana bread, which is the recipe I was seraching for on Foodgawker when I found this one.

By the way, what size pan?

Leah at Aesthetic Mode  – (July 23, 2010 at 3:53 AM)  

Hello! :) I just want to say I love your recipe. This is the second time now I've made it and I love it even more. My family can't get enough! :)

Kristin @Treat. Eat. Repeat.  – (April 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM)  

i've had this bookmarked for who knows how long and I finally made them tonight. What you say is true - THEY ARE SO ADDICTIVE!

Jennifer –   – (April 25, 2012 at 9:19 AM)  

Bake at 350C? Doesn't that mean 662F?

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP