Related Posts with Thumbnails

DIY Rose Cupcake Bouquet and I joined Youtube!



Forget buying your mom flowers for mothers day...(especially if she is a foodie) make her a cupcake bouquet instead! (with step by step pictures and video)

***check out my last post for a free print out and instructions for those cute DIY cupcake toppers!



It’s funny how sometimes we resist change. We go out of our way to resist this change, even though, if we think about it logically, there really is no reason why we should. Case and point. Blogger updated their posting method thingy…you know the place you go to write your blog posts? I just decided that I would prefer to stay with the old one. But today, for whatever reason, I decided to give it a try and boy am I glad I did. See the big pretty pictures? Before it would have taken a long time to format into a bigger size, but now it’s just a matter of clicking a few buttons!




Another form of change we seem to resist, would be better classified as avoiding trying something new, or simply putting it off until ‘later’ – a time that never seems to arrive. Recently I’ve been trying to change this, and this post is 3x the change I need;)

I had seen cupcake bouquets a while back and made a mental note of making them. However, like most seemingly difficult things, I put it off until a ‘later’ time. I finally made myself make these this week and they weren’t as hard as I thought and had very lovely results! So I hope you try these too!
*Please note that this isn’t the only way to do this, but it’s the way I did it. 


I frosted all my cupcakes with a rose, and lined them up so that I could pick the top 7....and uh...do some quality control. Just making sure the cupcakes...uh...taste good enough. yup =D

It would be best to have a foam sphere and stick it in, but I didn't have any on hand. I had this brick though!

Now mold it to shape.
and add tissue paper. (It would have been best to stick it on before putting the Styrofoam thingy in, but when i molded it - it wouldn't come out!)
Then take 2 tooth picks. What you want to do is poke them into the Styrofoam to position where you want the flower to go.
Then take the toothpicks out and pop them into the cupcake
and place back into the wholes in the Styrofoam

Continue for the rest! I did 6 on the outside and one in the middle

And here is a pic of a real rose I took...for good reference! ;)
Also! I have started a new youtube channel over at http://www.youtube.com/user/ediblemoments So please subscribe! I want to video more of my desserts and hopefully have some tutorials up as well! This is just a video of the final product. Oh my...my voice sounds so girly! LOL


So my question to you foodies....what have YOU been putting off? (And should really get to! ;) )


Happy Mothers Day!

Adriana  – (May 10, 2010 at 1:10 PM)  

You so talented! That bouquet is gorgeous, as are your pictures. I would love it if you put up dessert tutorials on YouTube!

Unknown  – (May 10, 2010 at 2:27 PM)  

The bouquet is so cute! and I love your blog too!

Anh  – (May 12, 2010 at 8:18 PM)  

Very pretty! I love it a lot.

So nice to discover your blog! Keep up the good work :)

FOODESSA  – (May 15, 2010 at 6:07 PM)  

Zahra...your intricate replica of a beautiful Rose is certainly succeeded. I happened to stumble on your blog for the first time.
Very nice creativity on your part.
Thanks for sharing...and flavourful wishes, Claudia

Dee D.  – (November 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM)  

whooa, so cool! they look beautiful! great job :)

Faiza Raintree  – (May 23, 2013 at 8:25 AM)  

Your food is absolutely gorgeous! Love the Zereshk Pollo and have posted the link for the recipe on my FB & twitter accounts [more for myself! :-)]

Looking forward to more posts!

Faiza Raintree

Le Ronza Flowers  – (September 17, 2023 at 9:44 AM)  

What a fantastic idea! A cupcake bouquet is not only delicious but also a sweet and thoughtful gift for a foodie mom. Can't wait to see the step-by-step guide!

In case you need info about Dubai rose delivery take a look at below.

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP