Related Posts with Thumbnails

Home Remedies for a Cold!

Hello my lovelies!

I alas am sick again. Well, not sick again, more like I was feeling a lot better and then I stopped chugging the fluids and the meds and it came right back. *sigh*

Dont get me wrong, I'm not feeling no where near as bad as I did initially, no fever or sneezing here! However, I do have a bit of a dilemma. You see I was having some dimetapp for my cough, and as long as I have that, I dont cough. Yay, all is good right?




But no, life has to throw in a lemon. It turns out my sinuses were acting up, and thus, I couldnt breath through my nose cause it was all clogged up. But why not take Advil Cold and Sinus? My usual life saver? Because life hates me that's why. I called my pharmacist and she told me that I cant mix both cough meds with Sinus ones and that I have to suffer through one of them without medicine. :(

Well I'm taking my yucky tasting cough syrup but now my throat is SO DRY (because I'm forced to breath through my mouth ) that I can barely talk! *tear* If there is anything you are to know about Zahra it is that she talks. A lot. Like, you want to smack her in the hopes that she will shut up. But she wont.




So to not be able to talk is like death to me! But alas! Google to the rescue! I searched for some home remedies (while the humidifier was on full blast) to sooth a dry throat and came up with the classic lemon and honey trick. I sliced up some lemon slices and poured tea and honey over them. Very yummy. Somewhat effective. However, I have had 5 cups of it today, and I think if I have to have another cup I will probably start having a hissy fit. Yes, very mature, I know.




Soooo help me out peeps! What do YOU use as a natural remedy to a dry or soar throat? Any family recipes handed down from Great Aunt Jane? A trick you moms swear by? Let me know :)


P.S. Anyone want to write an essay on Thomas Hobbes Leviathan for me? preferably by Friday? pretty please? come on....I'll make you some brownies **bats lashes** ;)

Jordan  – (February 23, 2010 at 7:57 PM)  

HAHA!
I just make tea with lemon juice and honey... though I've never used the actual lemon slices before.

And about the essay... NO! :P

Adriana  – (February 24, 2010 at 8:54 AM)  

When I have a sore throat I usually chop up some fresh ginger and boil it in water. Then I add a squirt of lemon juice and some honey. It burns my throat going down, but it helps a lot! You should try it if you have some fresh ginger!
Hope you feel better!

Carolyn Jung  – (February 25, 2010 at 1:13 PM)  

I woke up with a nasty cold, too, this week. UGH! I could use a huge vat of this stuff. Might I add that a little whiskey added to the mixture makes it even more effective? ;)

Trissa  – (February 26, 2010 at 10:08 PM)  

Ginger! Adding ginger to the concoction makes a BIG difference. Try it! And get well soon! :)

sweet alyssum  – (February 28, 2010 at 9:35 PM)  

That sounds like me! I get the sore throat and loose my throat every year. Vick's Vapor rub on your throat, held on by a sock works well (my grandmother's solution - pin the sock together with a safty pin). Gargling with salt water works well for the pain. I read cayanne works well so last time I added a dash to everything. Personally, I like a dash of whiskey with my lemon honey tea :)
God knows what I took last time - mucinex and nyquil to sleep and maybe some sudaphed. And soup and soup and soup.

M.  – (March 4, 2010 at 2:40 AM)  

I would write your essay... but I'm going through exactly the same thing....for two weeks now....soups,oatmeal and hot tea...that's what I've been living on...and I'm dreaming about those brownies but I guess it's better to avoid sugar while sick :(
get well soon :)

natural remedies  – (June 10, 2011 at 8:36 AM)  

This is really a well laid out website. I like how you have presented your information with excellent detail. Keep up the great work here.

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP