Related Posts with Thumbnails

Salmon...mmm.....

Why hello, hello! Well I know I was supposed to update earlier with pics from my fabulous cake, and of the party and all, but alas there was some disastrous things that occurred, so I shall not. I will post up a post soon as a “house-cleaning” post of everything that I originally meant to blog about but probably wont get too :/ , but for now, I'm going to go in a TOTALLY different direction. I made this and took the pics a little while ago, but haven’t had a chance to post it up, so alas, it is time for its moment in the spotlight.



I present to thee....Salmon Fillets with Italian Garlic seasoning. I will admit I made that name up just now, since I've never 'named it' before but it is what it is. :)



I actually 'invented' this recipe one day in utmost haste. The thing with my family is that my mom is usually the one who 'feeds us' so to say... occasionally...rarely...my dad makes lunch. the one dish he knows how ;)



but EVERY saturday for some non agreeed upon (by me anyays) reason EVERY saturday I have to make lunch. My mom goes to work on Saturdays teaching language, and my Dad usually has errands to run. I sometimes make something 'random' like sub sandwhiches or a soup etc... but usually I make fish. My family lieks their fish. ESPECIALLY my parents, and ESPECIALLY Salmon! So one day I felt creative and made a topping for the fish (using cream cheese) that was an INSTANT hit (recipe to come!)




However, One day....Zahra comes down into the kitchen to make some salmon for lunch. But there is no cream cheese. OH GOD. I had no idea what to do, so I just threw some things together, and hoped for best. surprisingly it turned out pretty good, so we have kept this 'recipe'.

Now this comes down to taste, thats why I havent provided and measurements. But heres what you need for the topping:



1) Lemon Juice 2) Garlic Powder 3) Italian Salad Dressing 4) Salt & Pepper to taste

The Best part of this recipe is how simple it is to make, and how its PERFECT for when your in a hurry. In fact, if you let the salmon thaw in the fridge in the morning, after work you can probably prep this and bake it and have it ready to eat in under 30 min (depending on oven temp and type of fish ofcourse)



The Magical Ingredient!

So, first get ahold of some salmon fillets.... at least I think thats what they call it... and let thaw(in the fridge)!



Now for tha Magic! ;) feel free to follow along with the pics (click for large view)



place one of the salmon squares/fillets on to a medium size piece of alluminum foil. (It should be enough foil to cover/wrap the fillet when your done)

Pour some lemon juice (to taste) over the salmon (some of it gets absorbed)

Then sprinkle with a nice generous amount of garlic powder (or to taste)

Add Salt & Pepper to taste.

Then, shake up your Italian seasoning (doesnt have to be kraft or anything) and pour as much or as little as you like, but at least enough to cover the entire fillet.

And your done!
Then just wrap as so:




it should end up like the final picture. Then, continue for as many fillets you like. (If your in a hurry, or just plain lazy like me, you can put them all in one big foil, which works fine, but can somtimes be problematic!)

Pop it into the oven at 400F, it depends on your fish/oven, but mine is usually ready in 15-20 min.

Now you can enjoy just like that (I love drenching my fish in lemon juice!) Or you can spice it up some more with veggies. of course you can do whatever veggies youd like, but I find green beans and carrots and such go best with it.



In fact, I usually do a mix of 2 types of veggies.




mmmm.......

and there you have it! easy peasy if you ask me! Hope you people try it, and comment if you do!:)




Elyse  – (March 11, 2009 at 2:24 AM)  

How creative! I love when you're low on ingredients and your creative juices really start going. This salmon looks great! I can't wait to hear about how your bday went!

Steph  – (March 13, 2009 at 3:46 PM)  

O no! At least your salmon looks delcious. I love your pictures.

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP